Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Car crashes into furniture store

Andrew Palamarchuk - Scarborough Mirror

A woman was shaken up after the car she was driving crashed through a Scarborough furniture store Wednesday afternoon.
The mishap occurred at Arrow Furniture on Kennedy Road south of Ellesmere Road at about 2 p.m.
"I thought furniture fell because it was a big, big noise," said employee Alex Burdo.
"I see a car inside. I was shocked for a second. ... Then I started screaming to the guys: call the ambulance right away."
Burdo said he and others then helped the motorist out of the car.
"I feel sorry for this woman obviously. It's unfortunate for her," he said. "It's a crazy situation. I've never seen anything like that, ever."
Police believe the driver of the four-door Toyota Echo hit the gas instead of the brakes.
She was treated at the scene by paramedics. There were no other injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment